Friday, April 8, 2016

corpse reviver fizz

1 oz Berkshire Greylock Gin
1 oz Lillet Blanc
1/2 oz Clement Creole Shrubb Orange Liqueur
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1 heavy dash (20 drops) St. George Absinthe
1 1/2 oz Heavy Cream
1 Egg White

Shake once without ice and once with, strain into a Collins glass with 2 oz soda water, add a straw, and garnish with an orange twist.
For Easter Sunday, I worked my first brunch at Loyal Nine. All week since I learned of my schedule, I decided that I wanted to do a brunch drink special for the holiday merging the classic Corpse Reviver #2 with a Ramos Gin Fizz akin to the Fireball Fizz I made on Easter two years prior. The drink never made the menu since no one could answer my concerns of whether a Corpse Reviver might be as disrespectful to the Easter story. The end result to those who got one was true to Ramos form with a deeper citrus aspect to the flavor profile without any umbrage towards the name.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

Sounds sacrilicious!